Saturday, February 14, 2009

sweet ladder theory

I know, two in one day. Y'all better leave me alone for at least a week after this. Read them slowly, genius like this takes time. I don't know how soon I can do it again.

http://www.laddertheory.com/

One of my favorite facebook friends posted a note about the Ladder Theory. Y'all should read it. It is highly humorous and like all good comedy is based on the truth.

Unfortunately this is not my first encounter with this "theory" I blame it for Jarvis and I not working out the first time. Well that coupled with my insecurity and a touch of "hes just not that in to you." Just the first time. All the other times can be attributed solely to him just not being that into me. But I digress. (I have always wanted to say that)

Back to the note. Y'all should have seen the comments. They were all over the place. People who thought the author of the theory was an evil, woman hating, misogynist. People (mostly male) who 100 percent agreed. Another one of my favorite facebook friends wrote a long monologue but I think her point was that male/female relationships can not be that simply defined. They can't be that formulaic. We are individuals. And each relationship is unique. I didn't participate in the conversation. But I see every ones side.

1. Men and Women can't just be friends. I have male friends. But I have also dated guys I was "just" friends with. I have this friend who loves to stay friends with her exes. Except one after another in an almost predictable cycle they fall for her again. Then they want to date her again. Then she has to tell them no. Then they don't want to talk to her. Then they want to be friends. And surprise, surprise they want to date her again. Rinse and repeat. Over and Over. So maybe men and women really can't just be friends. Or maybe she is so amazing these men can't help themselves. ALL of them.

2. All women classify men in to two groups. Those they want to sleep with and those they won't. Ummm No. We classify them in to guys we want to date and guys we want to friends with unless we want to date them later. The theory also says you can't go from one group to another. False. You can go from friend to boyfriend. The other way is a little difficult. Women get confused and have feelings. or like my friends men, they get confused.

3.All women are essentially gold diggers. Again false. All women want to be with men who they don't have to support. Its easier to know that when they already have more money than you. I'm just saying. But it isn't necessarily a requirement.

4. All men would sleep with any woman under the right circumstances. Never been a man. I don't know. But if its true its sad.

I am sadden by the fact that homeboy brings all male/female relationships down to sex. It can't just be that. There's no way that's it.

I just think if there was a simple formula, an explicable theory. There would be a lot less divorce and single people. And I wouldn't be single. That's for damn sure.

1 comment:

  1. As an old married woman, here is my prospective on men:

    1) Men and women CANNOT just be friends...and this becomes more evident when married. A quick question can clarify this: would you want your husband going to have drinks or hang out with another woman (or visa versa)? Ahem, no. So even if you're single, I still believe there are hidden motives behind a friendship between a man and a woman...

    2) Don't have an opinion...shocking, right?

    3) There is a difference between gold diggers and security. I believe a woman wants to be taken care of and know that her man will provide for her. It's natural.

    4) I believe this is true. Haven't you heard of married men cheating on their spouses with dog ugly/gross/not their style kind of women? It's usually bc the wife isn't providing for the man's certain needs (emotionally & physically) and he'll latch on to the first thing that fulfills him...thus a man sleeping with any kind of woman...

    ReplyDelete