I have a long history with Greg Behrendt and "He's just not that into you" teachings. Hes just not that in to started with an episode of Sex and the City. Miranda was telling Carrie and her boyfriend of the episode/season Jack Berger about her date. She said it went well but the guy didn't want to come up to her apartment because he had an early morning. Before the words were even out her mouth Berger says "hes not that into" Carrie gets mad but Miranda takes it in stride. She even likes the idea of things being that single and walks around Manhattan telling women that guys just aren't in to them. They don't like it.
Then we get to Senior year of college when I was talking to Black Emo Boy (BEB). For this one we won't use names. Now BEB was little difficult to read. And the the book "Hes just not into you" came out. Keegan bought it first. She was midway through her hard core Sex and the City Phase. The book was like a big light bulb. BEB was just not that in to me! According to the book he was not that in to me if he wasn't professing undying love and Black Emo kid was a little slow on the undying love. Of Course ACU is small and my circle of friends was even smaller so It got to BEB about the book and my thoughts on our situation. He denied it and said the book was wrong. But lets be real. Where is BEB now...umm NOT that into me.
February 2009. The movie comes out and I am thrilled!I want to see it opening night I am so excited. So we plan a girls night with dinner and we go see it. And here's what I think....
WARNING: I am going to talk about the movie. I will not discuss specific characters or story lines but I will say whether it was a positive or negative ending!
The movie starts off discussing the dumbest misconception of woman kind. The lie that we are told worldwide, I know because it was the same lie that I heard in London as a young girl, that when a boy is mean to you it means that he likes you. Now what in hell sense does that make. If he liked you he would be nice to you. It was actually really funny how they showed women worldwide and how we lie to each other. My favorite women were the African women sitting outside a hut. They tell the girl that he must have lost her hut number and as ridiculous as that sounds that what we women do. We make up the dumbest reasons to justify and explain behavior that explains itself. They don't like you.
The movie was good and mostly bad. It had some fun, funny moments. But essentially they spent two hours telling you that when guys act like they don't like you, then don't. BUT because it is a movie and heaven forbid things actually be a bit realistic. They ended with sometimes when he acts like he isn't it to you, He is. That's the mostly bad part.
Personally I am like Miranda. (shocking I know) I like clarity. I like the idea of having things spelled out. Houston Boy and I just talked about this. Rejection hurts. It hurts because for the most part we like ourselves. We like the people we are. And someone not being that into you means that they don't want to know the amazingness that we know we are. But I would rather know someone doesn't like me and be done than feel stupid and care about someone who could care less to know me. But maybe that's just me. The night of a movie one of my friends asked my opinion about a guy and a tactfully said, "maybe hes not that into you" and the conversation ended there. Opps?
Friday Randoms?
6 years ago

Hahahaha! Greatness. Do you think this applies to friends as well?? (Except the sex part??)
ReplyDeletethat movie only proved something that i already knew. ready for this....
ReplyDeletewomen are f'ing crazy. yea, i said it!!!