Bonnie has been asking me to write a blog since she started hers. I told John Dear to write a blog and he did. And maybe i told him that i would too and I didn't. And now Tope and Mutsa are on this "Ife write a blog" too. Just remember when you read this and think it sucks all of you asked for it.
Ok....so what to talk about...sooo how are things?.
this is harder than one would think....i mean i really have nothing so I will talk about my day.
I fell asleep last night next to 3 weeks of clean and semi clean clothing that i have been meaning to put away for at least a week now. I think thats why i got a big bed so i can share it with my clothes. Cause we all know that i sure as heck am not sharing it with any men folk. I woke up at 6 a.m. with all the lights and the tv on. But that was good because I wanted to go work out really early today. I didn't. Went back to sleep. Opps.
I found out one of my customers is a trainer and has a boot camp. It is from 6 a.m. to 7 a.m. monday, wednesday, and friday. I so want to do it, but it is so difficult to give up a lifetime of laziness.
Lets review my gym/ work out history.
In high school i got kicked out of the basketball class in the first week because we all knew i wasn't even going to make the j.v. team. Then i went to soccer. I am black, lived in england I was sure i could handle soccer. NOT. I got kicked out of that and sent to regular p.e. I wasn't upset. I don't like to sweat any way.
Then college. we had to take 3 p.e. classes. First up, bowling, I failed bowling class. It is very hard to convice even a Nigerian Mama that bowling is hard. She didn't fall for it.
Next Tennis. She passed me cause I didn't miss class.
Finally walking for fitness. Enough said. And i still cheated. I made up my walking log. Oh lets not forget that I had to retake Bowling i made a B.
After graduation there was there was that time period where I sat at Abraham and Bukola's house and hated my life. No working out then.
Then December 2005 I move to Dallas. In Dallas I learned that while i have never been fat I definately wasn't as skinny as I could be. I also learned that drinking 3-6 nights a week makes you a little tubby.
So Kelly talked me into to joining the gym. And for a while i was into it. We went to classes. I learned to love the epliictical. I lost some weight. I got toned. But then i quit. Then i went back. I got a trainer for a while and I got super skinny. Then i quit. Since then I have not worked out because I didn't have the right shoes, I didn't have an Ipod, I didn't have a good playlist, It is bad for my weave (It really is), and various other reasons. Ok. Excuses. Here we are now. I currently pay 24 Hour Fitness $25.90 a month. Sometimes it is a gift i give them. Sometimes i go once. My last trip to the gym lasted 20 minutes. I waited for an elipictical only to discover that the Law and Order was a re run and i left my ipod in the car. I went home.
And that brings us to Boot Camp and this morning. I told myself if I could get up this morning and go to the gym then maybe i could do boot camp. Guess not! I am going to think like Toccara and love my curves!
I told you you'd make me laugh and I'd like you more! I'm always write.
ReplyDeleteI loved:
'I currently pay 24 Hour Fitness $25.90 a month. Sometimes it is a gift i give them. Sometimes i go once.'
and
'I woke up at 6 a.m. with all the lights and the tv on. But that was good because I wanted to go work out really early today. I didn't. Went back to sleep. Opps.'
Now that you know this you can write more in the hope that one day you'll make me laugh so much I may love you! LOL!
When's the next one due??
yay for a new blog. i loved it. keep it up, ife. it passes time. god knows you don't do anything at work :)
ReplyDeleteside note...you might not want to sleep with your lights and tv on. the electricity bill is going to be crazy! just because you have a job doesn't mean you can flaunt it in my face and spend money you don't need to! just sayin...
suh-weet first entry!
ReplyDeletei didn't expect to laugh. but i laughed ... a lot!
You are so funny!
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOSH!!! I am laughing so hard!!!!!!! This is tooooo funny. I can totally see a career of blogging in your future. Unlike your fitness regimen, stick with it!!! Hahaha!!!!
ReplyDelete