Wednesday, July 8, 2009

let love set you free, To fly your pretty wings around, pretty wings...

Sorry to my three loyal blog readers. I have left you in suspense, just dying to know what is going on in the world of Ife these last 2 weeks. I will never do it again. Well not never. But hopefully no time soon.


I know you want an explanation for my absence. I had to take defensive driving. Like all wise people who don't have computers. I chose to do it online so i had to do it at work. Between that and facebooking I didn't have time to blog at work. Oh yeah, and the work I had to do. In good news, If everything goes according to plan I am buying a computer next month. I might become one of those bloggers who write everyday. who knows?


Oklahoma was soo much fun. Jenn and I got some quality time together and I got to play with Bons. I missed Bons and It was great to hang out with Chaz. Jenn taught me a lot about airports that weekend. Note to self: When next taking a relaxing trip to see marrieds don't go to OKC. Bonnie and Chaz are not those kind of marrieds.



I think Micheal Jackson's death is very sad. Death is sad. Death that touches the world is sad. But some people are taking this to a level that is a bit much. I will admit that I did get a little emotional singing Man in the Mirror last night. But the hypocrisy of the situation bothers me. 2 weeks ago he was wacko jacko. What is respect and admiration in death if you didn't have the decency to show it while he was alive?


Whenever I see teenagers or college kids out and about, I thank Baby Jesus that I will never be that young again. Things that I said, thought, did, even clothes I wore when I was younger disgust me now. I like the person I am today way more that myself at 15, hell even 21. So maybe when I am 30 I will be disappointed by who I am today. I am sure everyone does but I wish I could know what 35 year old Ife would want me to do. blah. Don't people who talk about themselves in third person suck?


I have had some bad ass car concerts lately. Right now i am listening to Pretty wings by Maxwell on repeat. Poor Maxwell, he released a whole CD but I just want to listen to Pretty Wings over and over. Saturday I was all about the Rent soundtrack. Why is the Rent soundtrack the most amazing driving music? Some of my best in car concerts have been to the Rent soundtrack. Five hundred, twenty five thousand six hundred minutes.....how do you measure a year. Love it!


I am no longer rushing. My rush can now be called my friend with almost benefits. Val and Houston Boy let me know that my role in the world is to be volatile, unstable and never in a normal, functional, grown up relationship. In the interests of keeping the people happy I vow to never be any one's girlfriend, friend with benefits, never be IAR (in a relationship) on facebook, never even consider things like wife. Haters.


I am feeling pressure to be funny on my blog. I feel like i disappoint you when I am not funny. Do you think I need to be funny to get to meet Oprah? Wouldn't it be amazing if I got to go on Oprah then Common surprised me on the show. I am not sure I could keep my cool if i got to see them both. I might be the first person to actually pee their pants on Oprah.

I am on season 4 of the Wire and it is getting to me. This season is about kids and the school system. The entire time I am watching all I can think is life really just isn't fair. That and how much of who we are is because of the circumstances we happen to be born in?

Today is 07/08/09. That's kind of cool.

The customer I have is looking at me funny so I am going to be done for today.

3 comments:

  1. 6 loyal blog readers + me ... not three.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blogs!!!! You need to post more often!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maxwell is yummy!
    song is pretty alright as well. The looks of him just makes me go places that would make grown men blush :)

    i dunno about the never being in a functional relationship bit. sure it will happen when you are ready.
    Maxwell is single i hear, he looks grown and functional :)

    ReplyDelete