Sunday, August 15, 2010

any song title would have just been corny.....

I thought I was done with blogging forever but Victoria's secret has a new bra and they managed to top the "perfect" bra. Its called "the incredible" and it has self adjusting straps. I am curious about self adjusting straps, how can that work? I have no clue what they will call the next one. Where do you go from incredible?

The problem with trying to give good customer service is people confuse doing your job with truly caring. Today this guy tried to educate me on chess and convert me to Christianity. Don't get me wrong, I want your banking experience to be awesome but that's really it. Oh, and I had to call 911 for a guy who thought he was having a stroke in my lobby. He wasn't.

just when I thought VH1 had given all they had to give the awesome writers come up with Money Hungry. Its like biggest loser but the dirty trashy vh1 version. Each team of 2 puts up $10,000 of their own money and the team that loses the most weight wins $100,000. No real focus on the workouts, just on the drama and the drinking.

Huge news, I am getting married. Kinda of a big deal, guess I shouldn't have said non-husband on the blog. I flirted with non baby daddy yesterday and I think I saw tiny tears of fear roll down his face. So husband will have to do.

Speaking of babies, Bonnie is about to give birth anysecond. I can't wait for Dean to get here! Oh and this blog is awesome.

I am so excited about being married but I am very much over being engaged. We are getting married in November and people keep asking why so soon? If this is soon I would hate to experience not soon. I guess it would be nice to have more planning time, but I am feeling good about how things are going. I am ready for the day to come and go and my mother to go back to her old self.

Now that Abraham has a son in law in his radar his lectures have gone from "when will you get married" to "when you get married...." He is trying to give me wifey lessons. These conversations are so painful i actually miss the when are you getting married talks.

Everyone says that you lose lots of weight before your wedding. Mine is less that 90 days away and so far no weight loss. This is my current weight loss plan, does anyone know when it is going kick in?

Lauri is doing all of my stationery for the wedding and she is awesome. If you have any design projects please talk to Lauri!

I went to Chick fil a last Friday and the drive thru line was wrapped around the building. I mean is the chicken really that good? Really? People need to find a new place to eat. that being said I waited, but just because i was picking up food for other people. If it was just me I would have left. I think. I hope. Well probably.

Half the time I forgot what I am writing as I am writing this. Maybe I am getting old.

Not-yet-husband pointed out that a lot of my blog posts end with me going to find food. Just so all of you know, that is not what I am going to do right now.

5 comments:

  1. Bahaha!! Sooo glad you're back!!! I've missed my Ife short stories. I just turned down the tv so I could concentrate on what you wrote. Haha!!

    Can't wait til Nov 6th!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY FREAKING COW!!!! You are getting married?!?! LOVE IT! I'm so calling you & getting the scoop... soon! Yah Ife!!!! I'm so happy for you!

    PS- I love reading your blog posts... they really do make my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol @ confusing giving good customer care to caring. lol
    congratulations! yah wedding! who is making the cupcakes :) back to reading blogs/writing them. been so busy i forgot i had one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally glad to read something entertaining!! Love you .....oh and got the wedding invites and they are GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ife, I get you're an artist and you can't force creativity, but really!! You write the funniest blog posts but you average less than once a month. Get to work buddy. I need some laughter in my life.

    ReplyDelete