Wednesday, August 12, 2009

She said cut something, She looked at me, I looked at her, I like my woman kind of bold, She was oh, oh, oh....

I spent the last week with Abraham. He has this bad habit of talking on the phone while driving and missing the way. We drove 10 miles the wrong way last Tuesday because he was on the phone and missed our exit. Every time he does that he apologizes and truly means it, until he does it again. That being said I am not going to apologize for my long absences in the blogosphere. Why say sorry when the odds are I will do it again. I will write when I want to and have stuff to say.

Last week was family vacation. I love family vacation. It is good to know that somethings never change and my family is definitely one of those things. We spent a week harassing Ademide about being a republican, reading, driving and disagreeing about the proper use of money. Sounds pretty normal.

One of the places we visited on family vacation was Ft. Sumter. It is the site of the first battle of the American Civil War. Useless information gleaned on family vacation coming up in 3....2....1.... the first casualty of the civil war was mortally wounded during the 47th shot of a 100 shot salute after the Union surrendered. Do you think they told his family he died heroically in battle.

Getting home and going back to work sucked big, hairy, smelly elephant balls. Sorry but that is the only way to describe it. I thought maybe I would come back and feel differently but not so much. There is this dirty old customer who has been hitting on me at work and I am thinking about going for it. I know he makes enough to let me just stay at home and sleep. But i think i would be required to do the deed with him. Sick nasty.

Non boyfriend/friend/blah-hiss/friend is good i guess. But he uses yahoo email. I can't understand anyone who knows about gmail and doesn't use it. I am determining if this a deal breaker. It could be worse, it could be hotmail.

I gave up candy for 12 days. It was soo hard. I think i was not my usually sunny self. I tried to substitute cookies, donuts and ice cream. But I missed my primary source of sugar, Peach Os. I have decided to embrace my love of sugar. The world tries to make me feel guilty and bad about it.

My name is Ife, and I am a sugar addict. I don't want to go to meetings or find a support group. If I could i would eat jelly filled donuts for breakfast, a bag of peach os for my mid morning snack, oatmeal raisin cookies for lunch, a bag of lifesaver gummy bugs for mid afternoon snack, and chipotle for dinner. There, I said it, I feel better already.

Last week I read some great books. I read the time travellers wife, so good. I didn't think I would like it. One thousand splendid suns, heartbreaking and very informative. If you haven't read it you should. Tomorrow. Actually go get it now. I love how read and read are the same. greatness.

Today's title is from the song Cut Something by Jagged Edge. Oldie but goodie.

I feel like this is enough of an update for now and i want to go to bed early tonight so i can go run before work tomorrow. bye.

1 comment:

  1. OHHHH IFE! I just love your blog. Thanks for the laughs! BTW, I use yahoo...what's the "gmail" difference?

    ReplyDelete