Thursday, April 16, 2009

Betta recognize a lady, that ain't the way you do me....

I have a new friend, Her name is Keri Hilson. We are in love. She has replaced Adele in my heart. Which shows how open my heart is. I got my last ticket singing and speeding to Keri. I wanted to hate her, but i can't. She is so cute in a bad ass, eve, rapper girl, "dirty south necklace" wearing kind of way. And her cd is Hounds tooth. How great is that!


Still house hunting. Still have no clue where i want to live. In case you were unaware it is a very big metroplex and there is a good reason to live in just about any part of it. Buying a house is a huge decision for any person. It is a momentous, difficult decision for someone who is indecisive and commitment phobic. I kinda wish Abraham would come pick one out for me. Maybe i can get him to do that. Maybe the fact that I want that means that i am not ready.

I am getting better at being on strike. Well, kinda. I went out with John and some friends last Tuesday. I did meet a really cute guy. I did give him my number. But that soooo was not my fault. He started talking to me at 2 a.m. when the lights came on, I told him that i wasn't going to go home with him. Why else would you want to talk at 2 a.m. when the lights go home. I love to watch people in bars from 1:55 - 2:15. It is just desperate, hook up city. Even when i am not on strike I am not that girl. I offered to help him find a woman with different morals to take home and he said he just wanted to talk.

Apart from that I am getting much better at being on strike. I met a whole bunch of new Nigerians. Some were male and I didn't even go to the " ohh, new, cute, westernized, Nigerian man = Ultimate Holy Grail" place that I usually go to.

Being on strike means that my relationship with my DVR is blossoming. We got in a fight last night. I started watching Law and Order, then I went over to Shelby's for a while, thinking it would record it like it is supposed. It didn't. If anyone knows who killed the divorce lawyer couple you need to email me this information A to the SAP.

I told y'all Victoria Secret was going to have a new bra and be conflicted about what to name it. Because they already have the perfect bra they had to call it the dream angels push up bra. Talk about a mouthful.

Sister made a new friend in D.C. He is a black, gay republican. Can we say oxymoron. Sister says he is really cool but I am having trouble getting past, black, gay republican.

This summer we are going on a family vacation. We haven't been on one of those since we went to Disneyland/World (Whatever is in Florida) the summer before my senior year of college. I am very excited. I love family vacation. And Disney was an amazing vacation. Bukola called me more times on Friday to discuss it than she has called me the rest of 2009. She's excited apparently.

I was hoping to go to London this year but i am questioning that idea now. We are in a recession and it would suck to take multiple vacations then come home to unemployment. And with the house thing I feel like I should stay here. We will see.

Speaking of unnecessary waste, I am ready to celebrate my birthday. Some of you know that turning 25 was hard for me. I felt that turning 25 was the beginning of the end. So I didn't have a birthday party. After being 25 for a while i have come to terms with it and I am almost ready to celebrate. I am thinking about throwing myself a birthday party around may 6th which would be the six month anniversary of my 25th birthday. Does that seem silly. Yes. Perfect.

Work day is almost over and I have run out of things to ramble about. Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment